Want to study in Canada? Begin your filmmaking career with our Film Production Program.

  • Study permit

    For programs over 6 months in length, international students require a study permit.

    While Study Permits are issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), InFocus can assist in your application. Click the link below for more info.

    For countries where visas may be problematic to obtain, we highly recommend you work with a specialized accredited immigration consultant or lawyer before applying for your visa to maximize the potential for success.



    Citizens of certain countries and territories need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to visit Canada. Find out if you need a TRV here.

    If you are traveling to Canada from a country that you do not hold citizenship in, you may require additional documentation. Please check with a consular official before you leave.


    Before you depart, ensure you have all of the documentation you will need to enter Canada. Most important are:

      • A valid passport
      • Your letter of acceptance from InFocus Film School
      • Your introduction letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
      • Your Temporary Resident Visa, if applicable
      • A bank statement or other proof of funds

    If English is not your primary language, you may be required to provide Proof of English Proficiency through the successful completion of a recognized English Language Proficiency exam.


    If a student meets the InFocus Admission requirements, but does not have an acceptable English proficiency test score, the student still has several options for language upgrading.

    InFocus has joint programs with Language-Education partners to assist students in meeting English Language requirements. Students can study English full-time until they achieve the necessary level of English proficiency, and then transition directly into the diploma program without completing the exam. Please email us to receive more information on our Language-Education partners.


    All international students should have their own medical insurance coverage while studying in Canada. After three months living in BC, students can qualify for BC’s Medical Services Plan (MSP).  Ensure you are privately covered for your first three months in British Columbia. As soon as you arrive in Canada enrol for MSP – your coverage usually starts three months after your arrival date.  Apply here.


    The Vancouver rental housing market can be daunting, but there are resources for both domestic and international students. If you do not already have a place to stay, here are some links to homestay and other accommodation resources.

    Homestay services:

    Other accommodation resources for students:


Located at the Pacific Rim gateway of Canada’s west coast, in beautiful British Columbia, Vancouver is a dynamic hub for media creators and storytellers from all walks of life. Nicknamed ‘Hollywood North’, Vancouver boasts a thriving film and television production center – the third largest in North America after New York and Los Angeles – and is the proud host to some of the world’s greatest film festivals including the Vancouver International Film Festival and DOXA Documentary Film Fest.

For more information about our programs, email us at for a registration package which includes:

  • Detailed Descriptions of the Programs and Tuition
  • Applicant Registration Form