The BCCSA’s comprehensive, two-day standardized course for Traffic Control Persons (TCPs) consists of classroom and practical training and is the only program of its kind accepted by WorkSafeBC under Section 18 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation for high-risk traffic control. This two-day training session has been designed to qualify those who work as high-risk TCPs throughout the province of BC. Upon successful completion, TCPs are provided with a three year record of completion.
This course is required by all on-set PAs given traffic control duties.
Participants who successfully complete the training will understand the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of TCPs, employers, and supervisors
- Regulations and standards, including those set out by Ministry of Transportation, WorkSafeBC and the Motor Vehicle Act
- Traffic control equipment and devices, including personal protective equipment
- Setting up, maintaining and removing work zones
- Working around equipment
- Basic and advanced traffic control skills
A few details to remember:
- Your certificate will be issued in your name and mailed to you upon successful completion of the course
- When registering, please ensure that you provide the name of the person who will be attending the course, along with a CURRENT AND COMPLETE mailing address; failure to do so may lead to a significant delay in receiving your certificate
- You must provide CSA-certified footwear. They can be either steel toed or safety-toed, and must have over-the-ankle coverage. These requirements must be met or will result in an automatic fail. All additional safety gear will be provided.
- Being a TCP is a physical job. You must be in good physical shape, able to stand for long periods of time, and able to see and hear possibly dangerous situations clearly.
For additional questions, please refer to BCCSA’s FAQ.
- We have a strict, full fee 48-hour cancellation policy. If we receive your cancellation notice less than 48-hours before your course begins, you will not be issued a refund
- If you provide notice of cancellation more than 48-hours before your course begins, you will be issued a refund minus a $30 administration fee