Become a filmmaker in just one intense week! Learn the fundamentals of cinema and receive mentorship from industry-professionals as they teach you how to direct, shoot and edit like a professional filmmaker. Use your creativity to complete a short film, an important and valued portfolio piece for all filmmakers and content creators.
Break down, schedule, and interpret a COVID-friendly script provided by InFocus Film School. Use our professional equipment to shoot your own film, and cut it together with Adobe film editing software. You will leave this one-week course with the knowledge and skills to start producing your own movies like a professional filmmaker!
Thinking of applying to the Film Production Program?
The course fee for the Summer Film Boot Camp will be deducted from your tuition if you enroll in the Film Production Program!
Dive right into the most important role on set: the director. Learn about shot selection, the psychology of framing, and how to interpret a script.
After lunch the cameras come out. Discover how to go beyond automatic settings with white balance, shutter speed, and exposure. A hands-on exercise puts all the concepts covered into practice.
Day 2 focuses on how to determine the shots one will need during production. The lesson discusses coverage, and shot lists are developed for the upcoming shoots.
More cinematography instruction delves into the more advanced aspects of exposure, filters, shutter speed, and ISO. More hands-on camera exercises cement new skills taught.
Focus on lenses on day 3. Learn how to choose the lens best suited for the shot you want and how to use depth of field to make your shots stand out.
The afternoon will cover working with actors, blocking, on-set protocol, and the role of the assistant director. Shot lists are reviewed and critiqued as the final preparations are made for the following day’s shoot.
Shoot day! With a small group, shoot your short films and put the skills gained over the week into practice. Dispatched with comprehensive equipment packages, teams will shoot two films over 8 hours. By the end of the day, you will have experience and skills in two important roles that will translate to any set, large or small.
You now have the footage, but there’s still another step before it becomes a film: It’s time to buckle down and edit. Tools and techniques in Adobe Premiere are taught as well as theories behind editing such as cutting and pacing. InFocus mentors provide guidance as the projects move from raw footage to polished film, and by the end of the day films are finished and presented. Celebrate with a certificate of completion and your own film to show off and include in your portfolio.
Apply to the Film Production Program after taking the film boot camp and the course cost will be deducted from your tuition!
- Discover your creative voice in a no-pressure learning environment.
- Interpret an already-written script in your own artistic style.
- See how you can use readily available resources such as your own home and camera (even if it’s just your phone!) to make a short film.
- Learn the theories of directing: theme, tone, shot selection, coverage, and how to direct actors.
- Camera lessons give the ability to go beyond automatic settings and add professional flare to video.
- Learn how to use Adobe Premiere, powerful video editing software.
- Receive interactive lessons and hands-on training with industry professional instructors.
- Develop, shoot, and edit your own short film project. Become a filmmaker in just one week.