Instructor – Cinematography
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference “Instructor – Cinematography” in the subject line.
InFocus Film School, located in downtown Vancouver, is a dynamic creative hub dedicated to creating media artists who will work both locally and internationally as creative professionals in the film industry. We offer various programs with our flagship Film Production Program at the center. Classes are project-focused in a hands-on environment and are designed to guide students towards achieving deep technical knowledge while exploring and building their own artistic voice.
We are currently seeking a cinematography instructor to join our team. Our instructors are passionate and self-motivated individuals, driven by the desire for success for our students and the industry as a whole.
- Delivering lectures and workshops to students in our Film Production program, including:
- Preparation and execution of lesson plans and exercises
- Providing feedback and constructive criticism of student work
- Accurate and timely recording of attendance and grades
- Advising and advancing our project-based educational model
- Adapt to an existing curriculum to help deliver high-quality lesson plans and maintain a unified curriculum.
- Aiding the employability, achievement, and welfare of a diverse student population throughout the program
- Diploma or degree in film, cinematography, photography, or a related field from an accredited institution
- 5+ years working industry experience
- Teaching experience is a strong asset
- Ability to identify points of improvement in a curriculum
- Good leadership and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication abilities with the ability to clearly explain complicated subject matter
- Ability to foster a collaborative and cooperative environment among students and faculty
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing technologies & educational practices
- Ability to be aware of and manage individual student needs
FILM AND CINEMATOGRAPHIC KNOWLEDGE
- Experience leading a camera department.
- Experience using a range of cameras and camera systems.
- Experience in lighting with halogen, LED, and natural lighting in a range of settings
- Experience or understanding of both dramatic and documentary film production.
- Excellent understanding of cinematographic principles and theories
- Good sense of the history of film and cinema
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A fast-growing company that is devoted to both creating filmmakers who are equally comfortable with being indie filmmakers and also working on large industry sets.
- A committed leadership team who truly cares about each member of their team’s growth and professional development
- Continuous support delivered to ensure quality and effectiveness within the role
- Flexible work schedule that allows for personal and/or outside projects
- Competitive compensation
Job Type: Part-time, contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience