A realistic schedule is not only an integral part of the budgeting process–determining the number of shoot days and required elements–but is the platform on which the success of the shoot is built. Thousands of key elements must turn up to the right place at the right time every single shoot day and a missing piece of the puzzle may end up with an incomplete scene. Proper scheduling is essential to production!
This course will show you the process of creating a script breakdown, organizing strips, and how to utilize Movie Magic Scheduling software. Movie Magic, the industry standard for film scheduling, enables you to input and track script elements like actors, locations, props, costumes, special effects, stunts, and more, allowing you to fully organize your film finances and create the most efficient schedule for production.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone with ambitions or interests in being a film producer, production manager, or assistant director will greatly benefit from this course. It is designed for anyone who wants to learn or be refreshed on how to break down a script, input script elements into the Movie Magic software, and create a film schedule.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to break a script down and ready it for input into the software
- How to determine script days
- How to input every element in the script
- How to view your Day out of Days for your project
- How to design your own production stripboard
- How to decide what factors drive your schedule
- How to generate one line schedules, shooting schedules and Day out of Days for any element
- How to organize and schedule your project for highest efficiency
- How to track elements and keep a keen eye out for continuity