Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need my own camera or gear?

No, you do not need your own camera, camera equipment, or computer. Use of InFocus Film School’s professional equipment and gear is included with all programs. The only items students should provide is the media (SD cards and a portable hard drive) to store their projects.

Although all equipment for the program is provided, some students may wish to purchase their own gear for use after graduation. InFocus students receive educational pricing through several retailers, including Canon Canada.

Is there an application deadline?

Yes, we have application deadlines before each intake. We also operate a rolling admissions process, so we assess applications in the order that we receive them. Applying early means there are more spaces available, and a better likelihood of securing a seat for you desired intake.

Does InFocus provide housing?

We do not offer student accommodations, however, Vancouver has a variety of housing options to suit all budgets. We recommend booking a room in advance as temporary accommodation while searching for an apartment in the local area. If a student is interested, we can connect them with a local homestay agency.

Does InFocus offer financial aid?

Loan options are available for InFocus students. Domestic students can apply for loans through the Federal Government or from Student Aid BC. InFocus Film School is an accredited institution, so all students can also apply for private loans from banks in their home countries.

Limited scholarship opportunities may also be available for qualified individuals. Please contact us for more information.

Does InFocus provide job placement?

InFocus has excellent connections in the local film industry and brings in guest speakers to inform students about job opportunities. Our instructors are all working professionals and can give referrals, references, and advice on applying to studios and production companies. Many grads have found employment by referrals from their instructors or classmates.

Can international students find work in Canada after graduation?

There are options available for international students to seek out work permits after graduating. We recommend you do your research at Citizen and Immigration Canada or speak to a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC). In Focus can refer students directly to an RCIC upon request.

Study film in Vancouver, BC