InFocus Film School, located in downtown Vancouver, is a dynamic creative hub dedicated to creating media artists who will work both locally and internationally as film professionals.
Founded in 2009, InFocus started in two rooms in an old heritage building and gradually expanded to take over the top two stories of the building, located in a premier downtown location.
We offer various film programs and are currently expanding our programs to include a 10-month VFX Program. Classes are project-focused in a hands-on environment and are designed to guide students towards achieving their project goals and specified educational outcomes.
This is a salaried position with 30 hours per week.
- Coordination of learning environment, including accurate and timely recording of attendance, grades, and feedback, and other associated duties
- Advising and advancing of our project-based educational model
- Adapt to an existing curriculum to help deliver high-quality lesson plans and maintain a unified curriculum.
- Aiding the employability, achievement, and welfare of a diverse student population throughout the program
- Diploma or degree in visual effects, film post-production or a related field from an accredited institution
- 2+ years working experience in visual effects
- Teaching experience in visual effects or visual arts
- Ability to identify points of improvement in a curriculum
- Good leadership and problem-solving skills
- Deep knowledge of Nuke, Maya, Arnold, ZBrush and other VFX programs
- Ability to network with the local VFX community
- Cross-disciplinary experience and interest
- Ability to foster a collaborative and cooperative environment among students and faculty
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing technologies & educational practices
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Deep interest in cultivating exceptional artists
- Ability to be aware of and manage individual student needs
REQUIRED VISUAL EFFECTS TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Experience using Nuke and knowledge of compositing theories and techniques.
- Experience using Maya animation tools and working with rigged characters
- Experience in 3D Modeling using ZBrush and Maya
- Excellent understanding of human/biped and animal/quadruped movement, timing, weight, and acting
- Experience gathering reference, directing actors, and working with lip sync
- Good sense of composition and cinematic storytelling
- Ability to direct and guide students to create industry-ready animation sequences
- Experience with industry-standard pipeline procedures, including the use of such tools as Renderman, Arnold, and Qube
- Storyboarding and animatic editing experience
- Traditional 2D animation experience a plus
Our instructors/department heads are passionate and self-motivated individuals, driven by the desire for success for our students and our partners. They are making a difference in peoples’ lives each and every day.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- A fast-growing company that is the devoted to both creating filmmakers who equally comfortable with being indie filmmakers and also working on large industry sets.
- In-depth knowledge of the VFX film industry in Vancouver
- A committed leadership team who truly cares about each member of their team’s growth and professional development
- Continuous support delivered to ensure quality and effectiveness within the role
- A winning culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $43,600 /year