Editing is an invisible art. Every editor spends countless hours agonizing over their work, making what they do as invisible as possible, yet because of this, they are rarely recognized. Editing is an integral part of every film, and filmmakers must have a knowledge of what happens in the edit suite if they want to be successful. This course gives students a crash course in Adobe Premiere and the theories of editing as a storyteller.
Students will work on InFocus’ computers and be provided footage to work with, learning to cut sequences and manipulate footage.
Topics that will be covered:
- Layout and workflow in Adobe Premiere
- Ingesting footage, bins, and file organization
- Creating and understanding sequences
- Cutting, transitions, and clip manipulation
- Video effects and filters
- Images and titles
- Audio levels, transitions, and filters
- File formatting and exporting
- The language of film: editing theory and the psychology behind cuts